1. An increase of the technological efficiency of dam designs makes it possible to increase their construction time severalfold without any significant change in cost.
2. The design of a technologically efficient dam should be selected not on the basis of the estimated cost but on the basis of the optimal cost taking into account the economic effect from accelerating putting the structure into operation as a consequence of industrialization and mechanization of the works.
3. The use of the technological efficiency factor as a criterion, making it possible to assess quantitatively the correspondence of the design to the requirements of the construction operations, can solve completely the problem of developing technologically efficient dams.
4. A quantitative assessment of each structural element and construction factor in terms of a reduction of the height rate of concreting a dam makes it possible to select the objectively most advisable designs and to work out optimal structures with respect to technological efficiency. It founds the concrete dam designing process on a completely scientific theoretical and mathematical base.
5. The possibility of a quantitative assessment by the proposed method of all design and construction factors related to concreting dams at negative temperatures makes relatively simple a determination of the limit of advisability of winter concreting and dam construction, which is especially important for hydrotechnical construction in our county.